Recently in our blog we talked about the benefits of Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) as a great power computing solution. In short, VDI makes everyone’s computer “virtual” as it runs from the server.
Recently Agility Systems helped a engineering firm with more than 100 engineers locally and across the nation switch to a VDI environment. The high-computing application that drove the organization to VDI was AutoCAD, but the benefits received from the switch to VDI have been significant and include:
- An increase in revenue and billable hours thanks to better AutoCAD performance
- Greater affordability and competitiveness as internal efficiencies improve
- Radically improved network security
- Reliable connectivity and uptime
- Remote access that mirrors onsite performance
- A file management system that ensures version control
Would you like to examine if a VDI is right for your organization? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out via phone at (330) 403-4245.